I feel like I’ve been metaphorically planning this post in my mind for quite a while! The last four or so weeks have been an absolute rollercoaster of adventures, emotions and a whole lot more but this is not the place to talk about such things!
I think over the last month or so I’ve been actively trying to embrace the little things, I’ve tried to be the best person that I can be, I’ve tried to be understanding and I’ve tried to take the storms in my stride! You know what? I think I’ve done pretty darn well! I’ve been actively trying to seek happiness! I just don’t see the point in stopping everything and putting my life on hold. I know what matters, I know the reasons why I am still pursuing happiness and still actively trying to make my life wonderful and most importantly dreamy. I know that I am loved. I know that I have a lot to be grateful for and I think I am pretty damn grateful for all that I have (people and materialistic things!) So without further a do what does this little lady do to improve the very worst of moods?
- The wonderful outdoors! I LOVE being outside, I love fresh air, I love exploring, I love seeing beautiful places, I love walks in salty sea air! What more can I say? I’m an outdoor bum who loves being free and not being cooped up inside! I just love being outside. I think you get the idea! I feel completely at ease when I’m outside on an adventure. This is definitely one of the things that can instantly make me happy! I am so very grateful to live this close to the sea and the beach and I am super glad about it!
2. Unconditional love. I feel completely at ease, I feel like I can be completely myself, I feel like I do not need to sugarcoat things, I feel like we can be silly and childish and do things and it’s perfectly ok! Spending time with someone I love of course makes me happy! It hurts to be apart and it can be a challenge but I trust that it is 100% worth it for the moments that we so spend together.
3. My family mean the absolute world to me, my parents are literally the best and they are always there to lend a shoulder to cry on, to come to my rescue and most importantly continue to support and love me day in and day out. I owe my all to these two and they never fail to make me happy. Happiness cannot be achieved through materialistic things, happiness is achieved through love!
4. Food will always hold a special place in my heart and the concept of ‘hangry’ is incredibly real and if you really want to find the way to my heart food is definitely one of the defining factors!
5. Moments that we often take for granted, like playground adventures on an overcast day. I’m happy when I’m embracing all these precious moments and when I’m caught in the act with a beaming smile it just reiterates the importance of these moments that should be cherished.
6. My wonderful feline friends, who are loving, sassy, such characters and never fail to make me smile! I have had them for more than half of my life and they really mean the world to me. Even if they tap us on the face and howls at the top of their lungs. They are fab and they make me very happy!
7. Travelling to new places and immersing myself in new cultures!
8. Care packages lovingly sent which contain words of encouragement and the odd sweet treat 😉
9. Beautiful flowers, lovingly bought which brighten up any room and makes me an incredibly happy girly!
10. The beautiful peak district which is literally on my doorstep in my university home town! It’s beautiful, it’s peaceful and I absolutely love going on adventures into the wilderness. Being in the beautiful outdoors makes me extremely happy 😀
11. The very real prospect that I will be soon living is this beautiful, new and airy studio in Sheffield which makes me extremely happy!
Some other things include
- nice meals out
- creme brulee 😉
- the Sims (I am obsessed…)
Basically, there is a lot of things to be happy about! What makes you happy? What could you do to boost your happiness!
Love and hugs